I survived HELLP Syndrome in December of 2007. You can read my story here. To learn more about HELLP and Preeclampsia, please go here. Also, please understand that any medical information shared in my blog is only for the purpose of my self-expression and general awareness about HELLP. I am not a medical doctor, and you should always talk to your doctor rather than relying on information from this very amateur blog. ;)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Holding My Breath...

I've had a bit of a scare lately. I've noticed pressure in my upper right quadrant from time-to-time, but at least once a day for the past week. When I expressed concern to my husband today, he urged me to call my nurse to see if I should wait until my 28 week appointment in a few days, or come in sooner for bloodwork. Of course they wanted me to come in right away. The good news is that my blood pressure has been very low still, mostly in the 100's/60's. There are really no other causes for concern, so I am hopeful that this abdominal pressure is psychosomatic or something. Anyway, they went ahead and drew my blood in order to check my platelets, liver function, etc. They'll have results by the end of the day tomorrow (Tues.) On Wed. morning I'll start another 24 hour urine collection to compare to my baseline from 12 weeks.

The fun part of the day was that Gavin got to use the doppler all by himself to listen to the baby's heart beat! (Which was in the 160s for any of you with gender predictions...) He also got to measure my belly, which was right on target. He felt very good about his participation, and I think he has added "Midwife" to his list of potential careers.

In the mean time, I'm fighting against falling into the dark side, where I imagine everything from delivering a preemie next week to ongoing bedrest for the next 2.5 months. I'm resting on the couch now, at least for a short while, and will work on my positive visualizations tonight. I am also trying to get an appointment with Tanya this Sunday as it's been a while, and sessions with her always leave me feeling healthy and peaceful.

Send all the love and positive energy you can spare!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment